Monday, November 10, 2008

of colours and atoms

A shimmer that floats over the world,
a slithering sliver of silent lights moves across the ground
and leads my mind and my eyes
towards the swaying trees, silhouetted against
a sky of seven shades of purple till
a red burns bright from without
burning trees, shooting stars
silver bullets blazing across the skies
the guitar strums orange and the greens
caress my lazing limbs while
a pantomime plays itself out amongst the steeples of porcelain
from exotic lands,
the little boy watches the trees bend down and take his hand
into its own. Watches the trees speak to the sky,
the squirrels appear in droves,
three for every one that was.
The artist paints a horizon of magenta and gold
and the sleepers miss out on a final glimpse of wonder
and awe. I take a breath, roll a cigarette, let the air
become part of my arms and the peace I’ve been searching for
wishappears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home